Friday, February 22, 2013


Hello!  My names is Amy James, and this is my beautiful family!

I was married in 1996 and shortly after that, I had my first child. After the birth of our second child, I decided to quit school and be a stay-at-home mom. It was the best decision I could have made! I love spending time with my family and being able to be there for my children. Being a mother is a very rewarding job!

In 2003 I decided to start up my own preschool, and I did that for about 7 wonderful years. My husband and I decided to move, and so we left the preschool in the hands to a very creative and fun lady, who did a great job with it after I left.

After all these years, I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up...  It is now the beginning of 2013 and I only have 3 semesters left until I graduate. Then, I can officially become a teacher! I learned many things this past year, one of them being, that you are NEVER to old to go back to school...

I was inspired by my older and somewhat wiser sister, to go back to school. My parents had three daughters, only one of which graduated from college. However, in the next couple of years, they will be able to say that they "officially" have 3 girls that have FINALLY all graduated from college. I am so looking forward to that day when we can celebrate this wonderful accomplishment as sisters, and as a family!

I believe that being a teacher can be one of the most rewarding jobs EVER! That is my biggest reason why I chose this profession. I believe that ALL children need to have someone to support them, rally for them, and tell them that they are one of the most unique, most special people, in this world. It is important for ALL children know that they are wonderful, and that they have the ability to do great things during their lifetime.

One of the teachers that I am currently working with always congratulates her students for "being in charge of their education." She consistently reminds them that its okay to make mistakes, because that is how we learn and grow. She makes everyone who enters her classroom feel special and loved. You can see it in her students, that they know she loves them, so they respect her and love her right back!

This is the kind of teacher that can make a difference. This is the kind of teacher that I wish for every child. This is the kind of teacher that I hope to be someday!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I just finished my first practicum experience. I got to work with some really wonderful 2nd graders. On my last day there,I recieved a little booklet of drawings and letters from all of the kids. I loved all of the letters! It will be something that I will cherish for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete